Why Online CBT?
- Geographical area can be a limiting factor for people in accessing and attending for therapy.
- Life commitments and pressure on time can be one of the reasons used to not make that first appointment!
- Parents under time pressure of children going to and coming from school can find it difficult to ‘fit in’ the time for therapy or coaching.
- Some people who may in the past have struggled to attend for therapy at a practice or clinic.
- For those who want to access a therapist of their choice regardless of their practice location.
Research shows that online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is just as effective as face to face CBT, with the added benefits of:
- Accessing your preferred choice of highly qualified and experienced CBT Therapist regardless of where you live in the world,
- Eliminating travel/commute times to sessions,
- Working with a therapist from the comfort of your home/office,
- Arranging appointments that can fit in with your other personal and family commitments,
Online cognitive behaviour therapy is highly effective in helping people to challenge and change unhealthy and destructive thinking patterns that impact negatively on their personal and professional lives.
During sessions clients are:
- Provided with the tools to help them restructure negative and destructive thinking habits.
- Encouraged, through the homework element, to engage in healthy behaviour patterns that help decrease low mood and anxiety and increase sense of achievement and wellbeing.
- Supported to maintain healthy beliefs about themselves, others and life.
- Given an opportunity to find a new perspective on themselves and how they live their lives.
Online CBT is used to treat a variety of issues including:
- Burnout and Stress,
- Relationships issues,
- Parental Coaching,